Tuesday, June 9, 2009

3,800 miles in 7 days - day 49...

ok, not really day 49, only day 4. It has been an interesting couple of days, and even though I would much rather be home, I'm sure trying to work on the attitude thing and trying to make the best of it...and actually there are some cool things that I'm experiencing - there are just people who I would rather experience them with, maybe that's whats so boring about this!

Here's where I've been: Sunday was spent in Rapid City, South Dakota and surrounding areas - some of the group did a cave tour and Wind Cave National Park, and the rest went hiking at Custer State Park - both very cool places. Driving a bus through the mountains was interesting, had to stop at one point to let the brakes cool down - but at least no more break-downs. Sunday night we headed to our next destination - an Indian reservation - in the middle of absolutely nowheres. Even Jill (my GPS friend) couldn't help me. It was close to midnight before we finally made it, but we drove for miles on roads with no signs, street lights, or houses - kinda weird. At one point I even ended up on a gravel road. Monday the group did a service project at the reservation and then we headed towards Colorado. The group spent the night at a church in Castle Rock.

Today the group went to Glen Eyrie in Colorado Springs. The views here are amazing. The castle on the website looks even more amazing in person, however, apparently we are the surfs because we're staying in what would resemble servants quarters. My room doesn't even have a TV, but that only makes it easier for me to get outside and enjoy this place. Tomorrow I don't have any driving to do, so I'm going to hike up this mountain. Should be cool - but hopefully I don't fall and kill myself! Oh yeah, and when I was parking the bus, I scraped the side of the bus. These roads are not meant for buses and the corner was impossible to make. I am still down on myself though - I was trying to do a good job this week and now my bus needs body work...grrr. I guess that's all for now. I'm sure nobody cares about what I'm doing each day (it feels like I'm doing one of those school assignments: "what I did this summer" but at least I'm entertaining myself...haha. -aaron

2 comments:

  1. I am getting such a kick out of these posts :) Seriously, though, get back here safely and I hope you have as much fun as possible.

    ReplyDelete